One of my favorite speakers, Gary Varynerchuk (@garyvee) speaking at Nordic eCommerce Summit in 2012
What the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DUc0vpEO94Read More
9 Week Social Media Series
9 Weeks, of bringing your passion to life, creating your blog, learning and implementing 7 social media tools, and reaping the benefits of being online!
2014 Sessions, 9am-11am
Oct 4 - Bringing Your Passion to Life ~ Clarifying Your Personal Brand
Oct 11 – It’s Time to Blog ~ Finding Your Voice
Oct 18 – LinkedIn ~ Connect Your Network
Oct 25 – Twitter ~ Tweet That Passion
Nov 1 – Facebook ~ Broadcast Your Brand
Nov 8 – Pinterest ~ Sharing Your Interests
Nov 15 – Instagram ~ Using Photos to Connect
Nov 22 – Google+ ~ Building Your Community
Nov 29 – Social Media Dashboards ~ Making Social Easy and Quick!
Who should attend “Broadcasting Your Personal Brand” 9 week social media series:
- Individuals wanting to broadcast their personal brand on a variety of social media platforms
- Individuals seeking community and connection around their passion
- Beginner bloggers
- Beginner social media users
- Business owners that want to harness the power of a blog for business growth and use social media tools to find and build their customer base
- Non-profits ready to capitalize on blogging and social media
- Individuals that need some time carved out of their busy schedule to write content and promote their work online
What to expect
This 9-week series is designed to give participants a variety of useful information each week and focused on one social media tool a week. Participants will implement their learning’s immediately in class and be assigned out-of-class exercises as well.
Sessions are two hours in duration. The first hour is spent sharing information and the second hour is hands-on behind your computer ~ creating, developing, asking questions and building your online brand.
The sessions will move very quickly and be packed full of information and how-to’s. We will use online resources, books, videos, online communities and handouts that will help participants learn and practice outside of class.
- Complimentary Blogging Planner
- Weekly handouts, online resources and how-to guides
- Weekly challenges and assignments that will ensure learning
- Google+ Hangout Follow-up Q&A and Blogging Inspiration Session on January 10, 2015 9-10am
- Complimentary access to “You Need an Email Database and Email Newsletter” online how-to-course
- Access to Private Google+ Community that will answer your future questions, create a supportive community and keep you blogging!
- $299 for entire series – early bird rate, until August 1/2014
- $325 for entire series – after August 1//2014 date
- sbk MARKETING’s office, The Commons (in Ramsay) #150, 1900 11 Street SE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2G 3G2
Limited seating, register today, you deserve it!
Payment Available via PayPal:
About the Speakers
Shannon Bowen-Kelsick of sbk MARKETING is a marketing professional of 20 years, a blogger and a social media consultant. She has helped businesses, non-profits and individuals build their brand online, one blog post and one tweet at a time. Shannon believes blogging is for everyone, that everyone has a voice and that everyone has valuable thoughts, ideas and experiences to share.
Here’s what people are saying about Shannon:
“She ignited the audience with ideas and tips to assist them in social media and really inspired everyone to be themselves and to just go for it! “ ~ Benny
“Shannon is one the most open and creative people I have ever worked with.” ~ Eunice
“She’s expert in her field and great at engaging our audience, and at speaking to a wide range of skill levels.” ~ Kath
“She is passionate about what she does, is very generous in sharing her expertise and promoting others” ~Doug
Kristan Nielson of ZaypoProject is a coach, consultant and leader in the field of organizational development. She has worked with thousands of leaders in such industries as oil and gas, mining, government, non-profit, professional services, sports, education, broadcasting, transportation, real estate development, telecommunications, banking, health services, and construction and engineering. With over a decade of experience she has provided 20,000+ hours of consulting, training and coaching services to small, medium and big business.
Email us for more information.Read More
“Alberta’s Communication Professionals Conference.”
An example of sessions
- Telling your story without boring everyone to death with corporate speak
- The flood is imminent, staying afloat with social media
Workshops on Feb 25th:
- Engaging stakeholders during a crisis event
- Web writing with style
Location: Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel
For more information visit: http://swanseacommunications.com/event-management/ab-communications-forum/
Price: $549-$999Read More
The Gathering – A Society of Cult Brands
Want to get excited about this event? Check out the promo video for The Gathering, it will get you pumped.
A two day conference, put on by Cult, happening on February 19th and 20th 2014 in Banff, Alberta.
- What Great Brands Do
- Catering to Core Customers
- The Las Vegas Brand
- Stay Relevant by Staying Local
- Behind the Scenes of Viral Campaigns
Register here for The Gathering.
Women in Leadership Foundation presents Calgary Women in Communications Luncheon on May 29th 2013 at the Fairmont Palliser.
Panel speakers include:
- Zahra AL-Harazi – CEO and Creative Director, Foundry Communications
- Deanne Carson – VP Marketing and External Relations, Calgary Stampede
- Susan Donlan – VP Corporate Communications, TD Bank Group
- Ruth Kelly – President and Publisher of Venture Publishing Inc.
- 11:00am to 12:00pm – Registration and Networking
- 12:00pm to 12:15pm – WIL Welcome and TD Comments
- 12:15pm to 12:45pm – Panel Presentation
- 12:45pm to 1:15pm – Q&A
For more information and to reigister: http://womeninleadership-calgary.com/women-in-communications-luncheon-may-29-2013/
Follow Women in Leadership Foundation on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WIL_FdnRead More